Ever consider evolution?
I'm not talking about Darwinism. I'm talking about the evolution of personal growth and development that every one of us goes through in our life. We all evolve from the point where we are born, until the day we die and our life is completed. Well, that’s the idea any way. I can’t say that it’s a scientific fact because I know a lot of people who haven’t grown in ages and I’m not sure if they ever will! It’s like the famous singer, Debbie Boone and her one-hit-wonder,“You Light Up My Life”. Sure, it was a good song for the moment, but there came a point when it was time to move on to a new song. I can look at my own life and can see how I've changed physically, mentally, spiritually and socially.
Some people I once admired, I no longer look up to and some people whom I never saw as important before I now look up to highly.
Some things I once took for granted, I now cherish and some things that I once held as valuable no longer have any meaning.
Thoughts that I once held as lofty ideals, I see now to be simplistic absolutes, and then again…some of the thoughts that I took for granted as being simplistic, can now occupy my mind for great lengths of time as I try to reason them out to gain a more complete understanding.
There is great change from when I was a child to where I stand now. However, I can't point to any one moment or a place in time and show you where it all happened. Every day seemed to pass like every other day and no day seemed any different from the day before. It all happened so slowly that I was unaware of it. I lived totally oblivious to the passing of time as it slowly ticked away. However, all the while, though I didn't feel anything or realize any change...I was slowly evolving into the person I am now. Hopefully, this "evolution" will continue on from this point and it may be one day that I will look back and laugh at some of my ways today. I wonder if when the story of my life is over and the last sentence is written in, will the final chapter be the best, or will the story have a wonderful beginning, but a lacking conclusion?
It would be wonderful to be in control of this process on a large scale, but the truth of the matter is that I'm only in control of this immediate moment. What decisions I make now and what I do today will affect how I base my thoughts tomorrow.
Today’s decisions will become tomorrow’s destiny.
I'm not talking about Darwinism. I'm talking about the evolution of personal growth and development that every one of us goes through in our life. We all evolve from the point where we are born, until the day we die and our life is completed. Well, that’s the idea any way. I can’t say that it’s a scientific fact because I know a lot of people who haven’t grown in ages and I’m not sure if they ever will! It’s like the famous singer, Debbie Boone and her one-hit-wonder,“You Light Up My Life”. Sure, it was a good song for the moment, but there came a point when it was time to move on to a new song. I can look at my own life and can see how I've changed physically, mentally, spiritually and socially.
Some people I once admired, I no longer look up to and some people whom I never saw as important before I now look up to highly.
Some things I once took for granted, I now cherish and some things that I once held as valuable no longer have any meaning.
Thoughts that I once held as lofty ideals, I see now to be simplistic absolutes, and then again…some of the thoughts that I took for granted as being simplistic, can now occupy my mind for great lengths of time as I try to reason them out to gain a more complete understanding.
There is great change from when I was a child to where I stand now. However, I can't point to any one moment or a place in time and show you where it all happened. Every day seemed to pass like every other day and no day seemed any different from the day before. It all happened so slowly that I was unaware of it. I lived totally oblivious to the passing of time as it slowly ticked away. However, all the while, though I didn't feel anything or realize any change...I was slowly evolving into the person I am now. Hopefully, this "evolution" will continue on from this point and it may be one day that I will look back and laugh at some of my ways today. I wonder if when the story of my life is over and the last sentence is written in, will the final chapter be the best, or will the story have a wonderful beginning, but a lacking conclusion?
It would be wonderful to be in control of this process on a large scale, but the truth of the matter is that I'm only in control of this immediate moment. What decisions I make now and what I do today will affect how I base my thoughts tomorrow.
Today’s decisions will become tomorrow’s destiny.
What are you going to be?
Take time to do some personal reflection over the paths you
have taken in life so far. Make a determined effort to do what’s necessary to
have the last chapter of your life be what you want it to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment