Friday, September 2, 2011

The Awesome Power of the Post It Note





As I was sitting here at my computer screen, contemplating whether or not to type a blog or a rant (not totally sure where it would've gone at this point) I thought I would first share how I am in complete marvel at the miracle of post it notes.

I LOVE POST IT NOTES!

Scattered about my desk there are about thirty of them right now on which I've written a ton of different information, thoughts, ideas, phone numbers, addresses and anything else that I needed to jot down in a hurry.

Seriously, could the creator have invented anything anything better than those wonderful sticky pads of excellence? While some may argue that it is indeed possible that he could have...I think not.

This probably isn't the best blog I've ever written, and yet...I'm slightly proud of it (at the moment).

I may delete it eventually, but so far, I like it.

It has a simplicity not often found and an earnestness not usually expressed (I may write that on a post it note before too long).
I recommend everyone keep some post it notes handy.

Write something, anything on one of them and post it where you'll see it. Do not post it in any careful way, just slap it down somewhere on the wall, the desk, or on the side of the computer screen. Write something meaningful or completely ridiculous, just so long as you like what you've written.

Now that I have that out of my system, hopefully we can strive to move on to more important (or at least different) things.

2 comments:

  1. My husband is a major fan of the post-it-note. I find them scattered throughout our home like a bread crumb trail leading to my husband. Our key bowl always has a colorful padding of multiple folded post-it-notes at them bottom. I would find it amusing if I wasn't the one going around behind him to pick them up and throw them away:)
    I read somewhere that Donald Rumsfeld was a huge fan of post-it-notes, so much so that pentagon employees referred to them as "snowflakes".

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenn, it sounds like your husband might be an even bigger fan of post-it notes than I am and is closer to having a blizzard than a few snowflakes! I usually try to have a pad or two near my desk or computer at all times because there is always some new piece of information I want to remember for a later date.

    One of my mentors and he once shared how he tries to write down even the smallest of thoughts that come to him. This was partly so he wouldn't forget and partly so he could expound upon it later when he felt inspired to write.

    Post-it notes are great.

    ReplyDelete